Wednesday, July 27, 2005

BBQ a success

First, I want to thank everyone who made the DFA barbeque a success. Special thank should especially be extended to Sue W., Johnnie Jones, and Maria Maldia for donating food and/or money. If I left anyone out, I apologize. Remind me to thank you at our next meeting

Overall, I think the evening turned out as well as I could have hoped for. I’d estimate that we had about 30 people attend at least a part of the festivities. I tried to set up a baseball game, but no one believed me when I said my broom handle would make a perfectly good bat. Ysidro (our County Commissioner) stopped by, as did the new president of the TTU Democrats. I spoke with her and she agreed that our two groups are natural allies that can and will work together in the near future.

There were some unfamiliar faces in the mix that I hope will become regulars at our meetings. All in all, great food, great friends, great conversations. We should do it again some time, as long as I don’t have to clean up after it again.
-Synthesis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home