Thursday, August 04, 2005

looking forward

I’m in really high spirits going into the last months of summer. Paul Hackett gave the Republicans a run for their money in a congressional district that the CW would have written off.

I think this last Tuesday proved how effective the DFA and now DNC 50-state strategy can be. We must never surrender any district. Not even our own. There is nothing at all special about Randy Neugebauer. He is a rubber stamp. He votes with Tom Delay more than 97% of the time. The only reason he has won office, is because he has the big “R” next to his name on the ballot, and because we Democrats have not yet fielded a campaign worthy of this district. We can and must do better.

In other news, I received a large mailing from Hillary. That fact that she is asking me (all the way here in Lubbock, TX) for money and input, tells me that she is most definitely running for the presidency. Her Senate re-election is going to be a cake-walk. I never signed up for her mailing list, which means she must have bought my name from someone. I haven’t really decided who I want to be president, but I would bet money that a Clinton/Wes Clark ticket will emerge from the primaries. I’d also bet on them to win the White House.
-Synthesis

1 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger johnnie said...

Paul Hackett's race should serve as an inspiration to Lubbock. He earned 48% of the vote in a district that historically votes 70% Republican. It seems to be a mirror of West Texas. We have a large ballot to fill. We can't win all the spots, but I can guarantee that we will lose the races we don't run! So, if you're not running...we're not winning!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home