Thursday, September 08, 2005

Way to go Pelosi and Reid

So here's how it is- Republicans wanted a "bi-partisan" committee to "investigate" the "failures" of what happened during Hurricane Katrina/Aftermath.

Here's what the Republicans actually did-

They locked out any Democrats from forming the rules of the committee.
They made the panel to purposefully include more Republicans than Democrats.
The panel would purposefully have very weak subpeaona power.

Democrats naturally rejected this.

For the record. I would much prefer a trully independent investigation than a bi-partisan one. Let's find out the truth, who really botched things and how we can improve for future disasters. If such an investigation implicates Democrats along with Republicans, I say hold them all accountable.
-Synthesis

5 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Kenny.

John here. I have a better idea than battling over what kind of investigation to launch. Let's demand that Bush resign.

It's simple, straight to the point, and goes to the heart of the problem.

He's shown himself too often to be incapable of being President. His behavior as the hurricane bore down was indolent, to be kind. This level of failure cannot be forgiven. We don't need an investigation to know that.

Bush should resign. We should demand it. I hope DFA leads the way in a nationwide effort to make it happen.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Dr. John Barkdull said...

Kenny, the previous one was mine.

I had a dormant blog here that I have now started to use. I am absolutely appalled at what Bush's dereliction of duty.

Here's my site:

http://strandedintexasjlb.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger johnnie said...

My heart aches for the people of New Orleans and the Gulf coast.

The dividing live between life and death cannot be economics. Not in a civilized country.

We have a leader who cannot lead. A commander in chief who isn't fit to lead an army of ants. A man who shouts about his Christianity but but does nothing to save this country's poor.

My country has to be better than this.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Synthesis said...

Hey John,

You may consider drafting a letter calling for Bush to resign, then sending it in to the AJ and DFA leadership in Burlington.

I'd be willing to add my signature to it.
-Synthesis (Ian)

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Dr. John Barkdull said...

I'd be happy to do that. It will be appropriately restrained in language but, I hope, right to the point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home