Tuesday, May 24, 2005

2006 Sneak Peek: Chris Bell for TX Governor

The former Houston Congressman now famous for filing the first ethics complaint against Tom DeLay is running for Governor of Texas.

I believe that the Lubbock chapter of DFA can feel good backing this candidate. His campaign message is "the new mainstream," an eloquent refocusing of political priorities to where they belong and where progressives can win: education (fixing our education crisis as well as making higher education accessable to all), healthcare for all, honoring our soldiers, and supporting our rural communities. As a bonus, he's very electable, bringing his skills as a former TV anchor, lawyer, and congressman into play.

He will be speaking on 6/18 at DemocracyFest in Austin, so catch him there if you can.

His website is off to a good start: www.chrisbell.com

Why, I do believe we can win this one!

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Has he announced? I don't think so. I think he's still taking temps.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Sue said...

This was on Bell's blog dated May 25, 2005:

"One year ago on June 15th I filed an ethics compaint against Tom DeLay.

I stood up to DeLay because I thought Texans had a right to expect more than the corrupt and broken politics-as-usual that passed for leadership in Washington. It was true with Tom DeLay in Congress, and it's true with Rick Perry here in Texas. Now, one year later, I am considering a run for Governor to clean up the Texas statehouse and restore integrity and openness to Texas government." I wish I knew how to use the tags. I wanted to bold that word "considering."

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Thanks Synthesis. I really appreciate knowing I have to put the forward slash in the closing tag. That helps a lot. I guess I just didn't see them in the instructions following Leave your comment up there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home